Zain signs three-year $700m loan
Kuwait, April 24, 2013
Kuwait's largest telecom operator Zain has signed a $700 million loan, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
The loan is a three-year revolving credit facility and will be used for general business purposes, the statement said.
Standard Chartered and Qatar National Bank were joint coordinators of the loan. This pair were joined on the deal by five other banks including National Bank of Abu Dhabi and Dubai's Emirates NBD.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security