Saudi Telecom inks strategic deal with LinkedIn
Riyadh, April 17, 2013
LinkedIn, a leading professional network with more than 200 million members worldwide and over five million professionals in the Mena region, has annouced a strategic partnership with Saudi Telecom Company (STC), the leading operator in the Kingdom.
As per the deal, STC will utilise LinkedIn’s talent solutions to enhance its recruiter engagement and talent acquisition in the region.
Riyadh-based STC is one of the largest telecommunication services provider in the region, with operations spanning 11 countries and over 170 million customers globally.
With its strong market position in Saudi and its expanding presence in key regional growth markets such as Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon and Bahrain, the deal between STC and LinkedIn will see the telecom giant reinforce its position as an employer of choice amongst telecoms and business professionals across the region, said a top official.
STC Corporate Communications general manager Nawwaf AL Shalani said, “With its position in the telecom sector, STC enjoys a competitive edge. The one thing that sets STC apart is to foresee and adapt to the technical trends, adopting a strategy that is capable of making a difference and maximizing social to share detailed information about STC services and offerings.”
"Through LinkedIn’s platform, STC plans to transform the way it drives brand awareness and acquires top talent," he noted.
"This includes strategic recruitment through its LinkedIn Career Page, allowing STC to create a hub to tell a rich story about who they are with images, video and employee testimonials," he added.
Ali Matar, the director of Talent Solutions at LinkedIn Middle East said, “We are focused on connecting talent with opportunity. As the world’s largest professional network, we are privileged to be a part of the talent acquisition and employer branding campaign of one of the region’s largest telecom firms."
"LinkedIn will enable STC to reinforce their position as employer of choice in both Saudi Arabia and the wider Mena region," he added.
Located in Dubai’s Internet City, LinkedIn’s UAE office, which opened in October 2012, serves as regional headquarters to over five million members in the region.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution