Bahrain IT market seen hitting $154m
Manama, April 17, 2013
The size of the IT market in Bahrain could reach up to $154 million until 2016, marking an average increase of 5 per cent per year, said a senior government official.
“Presently, cyberspace generated by the ICT revolution has created the opportunity for a lot of talented people to accomplish, evolve and transfer their skills to interactive elements with the needs and requirements of their societies,” added Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
He was speaking at the inauguration of the Gulf Internet Week 2013 at the Regency Intercontinental Hotel Bahrain yesterday, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Under the slogan Electronic Talents, the event will dedicate the week to promoting young talents in the field of Information Technology.
Government officials and educational representatives attended the event, which will continue until April 25.
It is being held in collaboration with the Bahrain Internet Society, Bahrain Technology Companies Societies and the Kuwaiti Internet Association, in co-ordination with the Education Ministry’s student service directorate gifted student centre.
The event will feature workshops and field visits, where youngsters will learn a variety of online skills, including photography, e-marketing and the power of gaming. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum