Vodafone's Qatar unit appoints new CEO
Doha, April 16, 2013
Vodafone Qatar, an affiliate of Vodafone Group, has appointed Kyle Whitehill as its new chief executive, the company said on Tuesday.
Whitehill, who has been CEO of Vodafone Ghana since 2010, will replace outgoing Chief Executive Richard Daly from June, according to a company statement.
Daly will return to Britain for family reasons, the company said. He became CEO in September 2011.
Vodafone Qatar launched services in 2009, ending Ooredoo's (Qatar Telecom) domestic monopoly.
The firm is forecast to make a fourth-quarter loss of between 80 million riyals and 91 million riyals, according to a Reuters poll of analysts. The operator's financial year starts on April 1.
Vodafone owns a 23 per cent stake in Vodafone Qatar.-Reuters
Tags: Vodafone Qatar |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying