Etisalat enables postpaid roaming services
Abu Dhabi, April 16, 2013
UAE-based telecommunications company Etisalat has enabled all postpaid subscribers to receive voice calls and send/receive SMS while traveling abroad.
Postpaid customers without subscription to roaming services will now also be able to stay in touch with their family, friends and business, a statement from the company said. These subscribers will be able to receive incoming voice calls and send/receive SMS by default without having to pay the roaming deposit.
Customers will be notified about this new facility via SMS. New postpaid lines will receive incoming voice calls, send/receive SMS while roaming by default.
Khaled El Khouly, chief marketing officer, Etisalat, said: “Etisalat constantly seeks to provide innovative services to guarantee customer satisfaction. We hope this service will ensure ease of travel for our customers. The business environment is changing and so are the needs of subscribers. As the UAE continues to grow as a global hub for all kinds of businesses, Etisalat’s infrastructure will provide the crucial support necessary for the development of the country and its people.”
Etisalat mobile users can use their lines while traveling with more than 680 roaming partners across 190 countries. Roaming usage will be charged according to standard roaming rates, the statement said.
Customers wishing to use data services and make calls while roaming can upgrade to full standard roaming service through any of Etisalat outlets as per the current process. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions