Du signs knowledge transfer deal with Huawei
Dubai, April 16, 2013
UAE-based telecommunications company du has signed a knowledge transfer and research agreement with top information and communications company Huawei to bolster its project management practices.
The new partnership will see the two companies co-operate in several fields related to project management, including exchanges of experiences, knowledge transfer and research, said Ananda Bose, the chief corporate affairs officer, du after signing the deal with Wang Haitun, GTS PMO director, Huawei.
As per the agreement, du and Huawei will work together to exchange best practice industry methodology, concepts, tools and techniques, while better defining best practice portfolio management concepts, processes, and techniques.
Additionally, they will work together to explore the creation of robust project management concepts, processes, service portfolios and operating models, said Bose.
“By signing this agreement with Huawei, we are fulfilling our commitment to the pursuit of best practices in all that we do. Huawei is a global leader and we are proud to be entering knowledge exchange and research collaboration with them in order to promote and encourage best practice within our company and in the UAE,” he added.
In his comments, Haitun said, "The deal will facilitate a stronger relationship between our two companies as we work together to develop best practices, that will be implemented in our respective project management offices for the benefit of the telecommunications industry."
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution