Kanoo, Emerson sign data centre deal
Manama, April 11, 2013
Bahrain’s Kanoo Power Solutions, an Ebrahim K Kanoo Group firm, has entered into a partnership with technology major Emerson Network Power, eyeing a share of the kingdom's growing data centre market.
With the tie-up, Kanoo Power Solutions has become a certified distributor of Emerson Network Power's comprehensive data centre portfolio, offering everything from AC and DC power to precision cooling and racks, officials said at a Press conference.
Emerson Network Power specialises in the development and manufacture of power backup systems, power supplies, embedded computing solutions, infrastructure management and connectivity technologies.
In broadening its data centre capability, Kanoo will distribute the full range of Emerson's uninterruptible power supplies and power distribution units, as well as precision cooling units, racks, rack cabinets and enclosures.
"With the expansion currently underway in the IT, banking, telecom, industrial, and healthcare sectors in Bahrain, there is a growing need for critical infrastructure for communications networks, healthcare and industrial facilities," Emerson Network Power Mena sales director Andrew White told the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
"Our energy efficient solutions for storing, powering and cooling IT equipment not only deliver cost savings but increase efficiency and productivity of data centres," he added.
Customers in the Middle East and Africa accounted for $1.3 billion or five per cent of Emerson sales in last year.
"We are delighted to be the distributor of Emerson Network Power's innovative solutions in Bahrain," Ebrahim K Kanoo chief executive Bashar Darkazalli said.
"We believe that these solutions are vital to help support customers' business-critical data centre operations, responding to and anticipating both immediate and future capacity demands," he added.
The launch of a select range of Emerson products was held at the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa with Kanoo's existing and prospective customers in attendance. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution