Zain Bahrain IPO wins cabinet approval
Manama, April 10, 2013
Zain Bahrain, a leading telecom services operator in the Kingdom, has got Cabinet approval to go ahead with an initial public offering (IPO) offering 15 per cent of its shares, the company said in a statement.
Chairman Shaikh Ahmed bin Ali Abdulla Al Khalifa welcomed the decision of the Cabinet, chaired by His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa on Tuesday, to prepare the market for an IPO, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"The decision of the Cabinet to allow Zain Bahrain to float an IPO is a sign of the liberalisation of Bahrain telecoms sector, which has led to excellent economic growth and development for the kingdom," Shaikh Ahmed said.
"The telecoms sector has been nurtured by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority with care and vision, which has developed Bahrain into a competitive market," stated Shaikh Ahmed.
"The country has developed an excellent pricing structure and affordable offers for customers and technological development of the sector has kept it on par with other leading countries," he noted.
"This climate of liberalisation has helped Zain Bahrain to lead the sector with innovation and the latest technology, and 4G will have a dramatic impact for the better on the company's home broadband and mobile services," said Shaikh Ahmed.
"The Cabinet decision is also a signal that the time is right for an IPO and the market is ready. The strategy shows that Zain Bahrain shares a common vision and purpose with the kingdom's vision," he added.-TradeAraba News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network