Sourcefire names new CEO
Dubai, April 9, 2013
Sourcefire, a leader in intelligent cybersecurity solutions company, has appointed John Becker as CEO, effective immediately.
Steven R Polk, chairman of the board of directors of the company, said: "We are thrilled to announce Becker as the new CEO of Sourcefire. He is a seasoned technology leader with a demonstrated track record of success. He has been an active member of our board of directors for several years, and Sourcefire has already benefitted from his experience and leadership. The board is confident that Becker will be successful in leading the company on the execution of its agile security vision."
“I am honoured and excited to be named Sourcefire's CEO. As a board member, I have witnessed firsthand how Sourcefire has established itself as an outstanding organization based on innovation, industry leading solutions, a diverse go-to-market model and a strong company culture,” Becker said. “I look forward to building on this solid foundation as we continue to drive the future of network security, capture our significant market opportunity, and grow the Company."
Becker remains a member of the board, a statement from Sourcefire said.
Martin F Roesch, founder of the company who has served as interim CEO since June 28, 2012, will continue in his role as chief technology officer and a member of the board.
Kevin Klausmeyer has joined the board of directors as an independent director and named chairman of the company's audit committee and member of its compensation committee.
He is an experienced financial leader with extensive experience in both public and private companies in the technology industry, the statement said. From July 2003 to September 2012, Klausmeyer served on the board of Quest Software, a publicly traded company, and was chairman of that company's audit committee.
From August 2006 to February 2011, he was the chief financial officer of The Planet, a provider of dedicated web hosting products and services. Before joining The Planet, he was the chief financial officer of RLX Technologies, a developer of management and provisioning software for utility computing environments.
Prior to RLX Technologies, Klausmeyer served as chief financial officer of PentaSafe Security Technologies. He also was corporate controller and chief accounting officer of BMC Software, a publicly traded company. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network