Dubai IT forum focus on energy, cloud
Dubai, April 8, 2013
The challenges and solutions for energy efficiency and cloud security will be highlighted at the ninth edition of the Silicon Oasis TechForum scheduled to be held tomorrow in Dubai.
Organised by Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA), in collaboration with Optimus Technology and Telecommunications, the event at the DSO-based Rochester Institute of Technology, the event will also serve as a networking platform for industry professionals, academics and students.
Enrique Pastor, Power marketing director, Gulf Countries at Schneider Electric, will headline the event offering insights on the challenges of increased energy requirements, the need to reduce CO2 emissions, and strategies for ensuring energy efficiency.
In his presentation ‘Bolting the Security Hatch in Cloud Computing’, Afsar Zaidi, principal consultant Huawei, will stress on the importance of implementing well-proven security measures to protect the data cloud from prevalent threats in today’s connected society.
Zaidi will also explain why security concerns need not be a limiting factor when planning a cloud computing solution.
Ghanim Al Falasi, senior vice-president, Corporate Services at DSOA, said: “The Silicon Oasis TechForum networking event is becoming increasingly popular amongst technology professionals, academics and students.”
“Through this event, we seek to continue promoting entrepreneurship, innovation and technological development through providing interested professionals with a platform to share ideas and support each other’s business. The ninth edition of Silicon Oasis TechForum will address energy efficiency issues and offer solutions that reduce our carbon footprint and mitigate security threats in cloud computing environments,” he added.
Meera Kaul, managing director, Optimus Technology and Telecoms, said: “Entrepreneurship enablement is a complex process. TechForum offers us a platform to highlight high-growth opportunities for entrepreneurs, in line with our objective to support them in leveraging promising business prospects.”
Silicon Oasis TechForum is a community networking platform established by DSOA in collaboration with Optimus Technology and Telecom; and sponsored by Silicon Oasis Founders (SOF), a technology incubation centre wholly owned by DSOA. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum