Zain Bahrain to offer 15pc stake in IPO
Manama, April 8, 2013
Zain Bahrain, a leading telecom operator, will be forced to offer 15 per cent of its shares through initial public offering (IPO), a report said.
The move was approved by the Cabinet yesterday following six postponements on the issue by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), according to the report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
However, HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa yesterday directed Minister of State for Telecommunications Affairs Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa to come up with necessary arrangements.
Minister of State for Information Affairs and the government's official spokesperson Sameera Rajab said the delays were due to special circumstances the country was going through and that the IPO decision was final. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president