Viber starts service for Windows phone 8
London, April 4, 2013
Viber, a leading mobile communications platform offering free messaging and HD-quality phone calls, has announced the release of Viber for Windows Phone 8.
The new version brings Viber’s free messaging and voice calls to the latest and most advanced generation of Windows Phone devices, a statement from Viber said.
The Windows Phone 8 version of the application features a “native” interface that has been especially tailored for Windows devices. Key among these features are a native call screen and support for Windows Phone live tiles, allowing users to see their latest messages and other info from their home screen.
“One of our most important goals is supporting multiple platforms, ensuring our users can reach all of their friends and contacts no matter what mobile OS they use,” said Talmon Marco, CEO of Viber.
“Supporting Windows Phone 8 is a critical part of this strategy and we are thrilled that Viber will now be available on the growing list of Windows 8 devices,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award