Etisalat launches new LAN service
Abu Dhabi, April 1, 2013
Etisalat, one of the largest telecom operators and ICT provider in the Middle East, has launched the managed LAN switch service to provide end-to-end and proactive managed services solutions to UAE businesses.
The new service aims to ensure the high performance of client networks while keeping businesses focused on their core activities, a statement from the company said.
Etisalat’s service will include the supply, installation and configuration of LAN switches - from multi-vendors; testing and commissioning; proactive 24x7 monitoring and remote management, as well as on-site support and maintenance of hardware in the event of faults on customer premises. The proactive monitoring and management will be delivered through a comprehensive solution managed at Etisalat’s Customer Network Operations Center (CNOC).
The service serves as a single source for clients to access Etisalat’s expertise, technology and infrastructure, the statement said. Customers can access the company’s advanced information and communication technology (ICT) capabilities and benefit from a seamlessly managed data platform for future business growth and productivity through unified communications and security services.
Abdulla Hashim, senior vice president of ICT at Etisalat, said: “The new service addresses the growing importance of LAN reliability in customers’ businesses. In addition to reducing the risks, complications and costs associated with the management and maintenance of LAN switches, Etisalat’s new service will enable customers to innovate more rapidly, compete more effectively and maximise the value of their network investment.
The launch of the service has expanded managed services portfolio to include managed WAN, managed secure connect (a unified threat management solution), managed web and email security, managed voice/PBX and managed remote access. This has helped address all ICT solution requirements of our business customers.”
Etisalat also provides a service dashboard through a dedicated and secured online web portal, allowing customers to access and view their status report on device availability, CPU utilisation, bandwidth utilisation, traffic utilisation, and ports availability. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit