Wataniya appoints new CEO
Kuwait, March 28, 2013
Kuwait telecom operator Wataniya has appointed Abdulaziz Fakhroo as chief executive, parent company Ooredoo (Qatar Telecom) said in a statement on Thursday.
Fakhroo, who had been deputy CEO prior to his promotion, replaces Bassam Hannoun, who resigned for personal reasons, according to the statement.
Wataniya chairman Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Bin Saud Al Thani said: “We sincerely thank Dr Hannoun for his contribution during his tenure. We look forward to having Abdul-Aziz lead Wataniya Kuwait as it enters an exciting new phase in its development including the launch of 4G services this year."
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels