Bahrain Technology in key expo deal
Manama, March 26, 2013
Work Smart for Event Management and Bahrain Technology Companies Society (BTech) have signed an agreement to jointly organise in July a a major technology conference in the Kingdom.
The 'Innovation in Technology Conference - InovTech' and 'eShabab' 2013 Competition will be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre from July 1 to 3 under the patronage of Minister of State for Telecommunications Affairs Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa, the organisers said yesterday.
The agreement was signed by BTech president Ubaydli Ubaydli and Work Smart for Events Management chief executive Ahmed Al Hujairy, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"We see the event as an annual celebration of youth, public and private sector innovation in technology, which should serve to showcase Bahrain as a regional centre for the industry," Ubaidly said.
Four-hundred participants are expected at the conference with 20 experts speaking about the latest trends in technology and innovation.
The eShabab 2013 competition is a platform giving university students a chance to promote, market and get support for their ICT projects. Projects that have the highest potential to succeed will win prizes.
"This is the third version of the event, which has been organised by Gulf Future Business earlier in 2009 and 2010," stated Al Hujairy. "However, this one is expected to be the largest yet," he added.
"We are taking it beyond just the youth of Bahrain by turning it into an international conference with full-day workshops as well as interactive sessions between youth innovators and the private sector," said the company official.
"Many universities in the kingdom have shown interest in participation," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies