Batelco launches new gaming portal
Manama, March 24, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company has launched a new gaming portal for all its postpaid and prepaid mobile customers.
The new portal has been designed to enhance Batelco customers’ gaming experience by incorporating the latest in both mobile and gaming advancements. In addition, the portal is packed with the latest and most popular games.
Customers can enjoy unlimited access to the latest and most popular games on mobile by visiting Gameslounge.batelco.com.bh to subscribe. Users may select their favourite plan from three available options: daily priced at only 150 fils, weekly for 500 fils or monthly for BD1.500. The subscription gives unlimited access to all the games on the online Games Lounge and the costs will be added to customers’ postpaid bills or deducted from customers’ prepaid balance, said a statement.
Once customers have subscribed, they can access the online Games Lounge from their devices to view and play the wide range of available games. Additionally, there is an option to buy games for off-line play for a once off fee, it said.
Currently, the Games Lounge will serve feature phones (java-based phones) only. However, it is anticipated that with new enhancements the games portal will deliver games for BlackBerry and Android based phones in the near future, it said.
Batelco Group general manager media relations Ahmed Al Janahi said Batelco has designed the Games Lounge particularly with the youth segment in mind. “The demand for a bigger and better choice of games continues to grow and keen gamers are no longer content to be restricted to using games consoles while at home. These gaming fans must have access to their favourite games while on the go so that when they are in a queue or relaxing in a coffee shop they can play and share the fun experience with their friends,” he said. –TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services