Batelco in talks to buy stake in India's RComm unit
Manama, March 14, 2013
Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco) is in talks with Reliance Communications to buy a stake in the Indian operator's enterprise business unit, the former monopoly said on Thursday.
"We are in discussions with Reliance Group with respect to Reliance Globalcom, its global communications services business unit," Batelco chief executive Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa al-Khalifa said in an emailed statement.
Separately, Peter Kaliaropoulos, Batelco Group CEO for Strategic Assignments, told Reuters the talks were about buying a stake in Reliance Globalcom.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying