Batelco in talks to buy stake in India's RComm unit
Manama, March 14, 2013
Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco) is in talks with Reliance Communications to buy a stake in the Indian operator's enterprise business unit, the former monopoly said on Thursday.
"We are in discussions with Reliance Group with respect to Reliance Globalcom, its global communications services business unit," Batelco chief executive Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa al-Khalifa said in an emailed statement.
Separately, Peter Kaliaropoulos, Batelco Group CEO for Strategic Assignments, told Reuters the talks were about buying a stake in Reliance Globalcom.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi
- UAE TRA to allocate new bands
- UAE firms ‘lacking in cloud integration’
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders