Saudi to change landline numbers
Riyadh, March 11, 2013
Saudi Arabia's landline telephhone numbers will change with the adoption of the 10-digit system in May in some regions and in August in others.
The digit 1 will be added to the six geographical zone codes, said an Arab News report quoting the Communication and Information Technology Commission.
The Riyadh area code will change from 01 to 011 on May 13. However, there will be no change in the way of dialing fixed lines in the same city. But when dialing from mobiles to fixed lines, the new digit must be added, the report said.
The code change will be introduced on August 18 in the five other areas. The new code for the regions will be: Makkah 012, Madinah 014, Eastern Region 013, Qassim 016 and the Southern Region 017, it said.
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions