Nawras unveils new-look website
Muscat, March 10, 2013
Nawras, an integrated services telecommunications operator in Oman, has announced the launch of its new website, offering a refreshing, interactive, customer friendly online portal in both Arabic and English.
The new site introduces ReadSpeaker which enables visitors to listen to the information if unable to read it. The Nawras website is one of very few in the region to offer this level of accessibility and convenience for customers, said a statement from the company.
Using a larger display area, the scrolling home page showcases the latest great value offers from Nawras, pausing to allow the customer to click the link and be transported to the product page for more information.
Another new feature of the redesigned site is the addition of the Social Media sidebar for customers to interact instantly with Nawras on the official Facebook and Twitter pages, it added.
Idris Al Balushi, Nawras online manager, said, “Our exciting new website reflects our customer centric approach which includes Nawras online customer care. As this is often the first point of contact with our customers, it is important that the experience is positive. Our new website is easy to navigate with clear and simple content to help customers easily find what they need.”
Nawras, he stated, makes it as easy to access the website as it is to browse. Entering the Arabic domain name in the browser takes customers directly and conveniently to the Arabic language home page.
"Customers can also view videos on the exclusive Nawras YouTube channel and follow the company on LinkedIn, as well as having the ability to email the webpage to a friend," he added.
Nawras said working with the International Information Technology Company to design the new website had been a great experience as they shared the company's vision for vibrant and innovative online customer engagement.
"Together with the developer we have been able to create a new website that mirrors the Nawras approach to clearly and effectively showcase the full range of Nawras products to a wide and diverse audience," said Al Balushi.
Noor Ali Al-Hinai, ITA application developer commended Nawras for their initiative in providing an electronic tool on the new company website to help people with special needs and requirements such as the visually impaired and the elderly.
"ITA continues to support innovative services and we are grateful for Nawras’ cooperation in launching an accessible bilingual ReadSpeaker tool and website which meets international (WCAGAA) standards. Our partnership further reiterates our commitment to providing quality digital services to all segments of Omani society with the promise to deliver digital technologies and connectivity to all," she added.
The new Nawras website also features a network coverage guide which shows the recently turbocharged 3G+ areas and the new 4G network coverage where faster and superfast mobile broadband internet is now being enjoyed.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution