Etisalat joins M2M multi-operator alliance
Barcelona, February 28, 2013
UAE-based Etisalat Group, a leading telecom operator in the region, has joined the M2M (machine-to-machine) Multi-Operator Alliance, a coalition of global companies, at the ongoing Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
The alliance includes companies such as KPN, NTT DOCOMO, Rogers Communications, SingTel, Telefonica, Telstra and VimpelCom.
“Etisalat Group looks forward to working with our global counterparts to help shape M2M policy globally and to ensure enhanced development across the region,” said Khalifa Al Shamsi, chief digital services officer at Etisalat Group.
“We believe this Alliance has great potential to create real value for our business customers, and we look forward to playing an active role alongside other global leaders.”
The M2M Multi-Operator Alliance announced last year its intent to bring technology to market that would simplify the process of global M2M deployments.
Multinational corporations planning to roll out connected devices worldwide face an array of problems, such as the limited local coverage of some mobile operators, fragmented network landscapes and multiple SIM management platforms.
The M2M Multi-Operator Alliance intends to build a market-driven M2M ecosystem that provides cost efficient, multi-network M2M solutions for multi-national customers wishing to simplify deployments in retail, healthcare, consumer electronics, transportation, automobiles and energy on a global scale.
M2M, a term for the exchange of data between machines and IT infrastructure, has many industrial and commercial applications. By 2021 there are expected to be more than 2 billion M2M connections. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m