Batelco, Ericsson sign service support deal
Manama, February 28, 2013
Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco) has extended its long standing partnership with Ericsson by signing a three-year service support agreement.
The agreement will ensure high quality network performance and best customer experience for Batelco’s customers in Bahrain, a statement said.
Batelco Bahrain CEO Rashid Abdulla and Ericsson head of Middle East region Anders Lindblad signed the agreement on the sidelines of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
Under this agreement, Ericsson will provide support services to Batelco’s network aiming to ensure optimal network performance by offering round-the-clock support to prevent and solve any network disturbance that might impact in-service performance, the statement said.
Abdulla said: “Backed by global presence and world class experience in network operations and maintenance, Ericsson can offer the best available support for high quality networks to enhance our customer services even further.”
The support services cover the handling of software support and emergencies as they arise, hardware replacements and logistics minimising unplanned downtime by providing replacement parts and ensuring users uninterrupted access to their services.
Lindblad said: “While the network complexity is increasing, securing overall network performance is an undisputed factor to exceed the end-user expectations. We are pleased to partner with Batelco to optimize the network performance and ensure the ultimate customer experience management.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit