Batelco launches 4G LTE in Bahrain
Manama, February 27, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, has announced the launch of the superfast 4G LTE for its customers, the first telecom to launch the much awaited-service in the Kingdom.
Furthermore, the company is the first to present the 4G-enabled Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE which is available exclusively for its customers, and will be offered bundled with a choice of postpaid 4G LTE packages.
4G LTE provides the ultimate mobile experience with amazing download speeds, a statement from Batelco said. 4G (Fourth Generationn) is a wireless technology that's designed to reduce the time it takes to transfer and receive data online.
Long term evolution (LTE), which promises to significantly boost customer experience has tremendous potential thanks to speeds not previously available in the Kingdom, which will ensure instant access without waiting, streaming without buffering and an enhanced online gaming experience, in addition to super fast download and also upload speeds.
4G LTE is the perfect solution to satisfy the requirements of customers using bandwidth-intensive applications and will transform their digital lifestyles tremendously, the statement said.
To avail the service, a 4G LTE device with a new Sim card is required. Customers can also subscribe or upgrade any current Batelco postpaid package to 4G LTE. A range of 4G LTE packages, plans and devices, including the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE, are available for existing and new customers at the City Centre outlet.
Rashid Abdulla, CEO, Batelco Bahrain, said: “The launch marks a new milestone for Batelco and adds to its extensive record of great achievements.”
“Batelco is delighted and proud to be first to offer real 4G LTE in Bahrain to enhance the country’s global position in terms of providing advanced telecommunications services for consumers and businesses. Our provisioning, which will be implemented through a series of rollouts, beginning immediately, is the result of our ongoing commitment and investment in the Kingdom’s infrastructure.”
Muna Al Hashimi, customer division, general manager, Batelco, said: “This delivery ensures an exceptional experience for our customers, who can now enjoy a technological revolution ensuring superfast mobile broadband with value for money packages and the latest 4G-enabled devices.”
“In the coming days and weeks, our customers will experience a range of LTE compatible devices including routers, tablets and 4G-enabled phones. We are especially delighted to be first to offer the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE in the local market as an exclusive benefit for our customers.”
4G/LTE will provide Batelco mobile users with significant benefits that extend beyond traditional day-to-day wireless communications. Customers will be able to benefit from access to a wide range of new and rich innovative multimedia applications. It also opens the doors for innovative applications, products, services and solutions targeted not only to today’s handheld mobile devices, but also to other non-traditional devices.
Advanced telecommunication products and services are key to ensuring that the Kingdom remains competitive in the region’s business market and Batelco’s 4G network will be a significant benefit for all sectors including financial, health and education, the statement said.– TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event