Batelco introduces new contact centre
Manama, February 24, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, has invested in a powerful new operations platform for its Contact Centre.
The new system offers faster response time using the latest queuing mechanism which will benefit callers to Batelco Directory Enquiries (DQ) services on 181 and 188; Batelco switchboard on 17881881 and Batelco’s recently launched Smart Guide service via phone number 101.
Batelco has the most sophisticated system, with the largest database when it comes to directory enquiry services, a statement said.
To further enhance the system Batelco’s DQ services can provide any requested numbers via multiple media such as voice and SMS which is very beneficial for customers calling from their mobile devices while on the go, it said.
Batelco’s Smart Guide service provides detailed information on places and activities in Bahrain relating to hotels, restaurants, airlines, fitness centres, hospitals, car rentals and more plus information about special events taking place in the Kingdom. Additionally, Batelco call agents have the facility to guide customers to their desired destinations through an application built on Google Maps.
The service is available seven days a week from 7 am to 10 pm in both English and Arabic and is the first service of its kind in Bahrain, said the statement Such an enhanced service will allow both residents and the large numbers of tourists to make smarter decisions simply by phoning a single service number, it said.
Batelco Group General Manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that Batelco takes a customer-centric approach in the development of all its products and services.
“Providing innovation and exemplary customer care continues to place Batelco at the forefront of the telecoms industry in Bahrain. Our newly enhanced platform will ensure faster response time to callers for DQ, more accurate responses and diverse Value Added Services,” he added.
Meanwhile, Batelco is inviting all its SimSim customers to include their phone numbers in Batelco’s online directory, free of charge.
To have their numbers included, SimSim customers should send the text message ‘y’ to 4181 and their number will be automatically added to the system. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution