Meta Byte unveils cloud-based solutions
Dubai, February 19, 2013
Leading solutions provider Meta Byte Technologies has unveiled a unique solution that gives enterprises the ability to provide an alternative to cloud-based file-sharing solutions which is secure and easy-to-use, at a fraction of the cost of moving data to the cloud.
Enterprises no longer need to manage an additional user directory, or manage a different set of permissions, a statement from Meta Byte said.
This unique solution is powered by DatAnywhere from Varonis, which automatically synchronises files securely from corporate file shares to and from remote employee laptops and devices. It then authenticates the data with corporate directory services and gives employees the ability to securely share files with each other as well as with external partners.
Varonis DatAnywhere translates legacy LAN protocols (CIFS) into a secure, web-optimised protocol (HTTPS) via a dynamic, scalable data-routing infrastructure that facilitates https access and block-level syncing with remote devices, the statement said.
All DatAnywhere components reside within corporate network and run on standard enterprise servers. They can be installed on a single virtual node for small environments, or be distributed to scale to an enterprise with many file servers/NAS devices in many locations.
"Cloud-based solutions are steadily improving but still large numbers of enterprises in the region are finding it hard to collaborate between partners, customers and employees across the corporate firewall, without sacrificing security, availability and manageability,” said Salil Dighe, managing director at Meta Byte Technologies.
“Now with this solution enterprises can instantly transform their corporate infrastructure into a secure cloud-like file synchronisation platform at a minimal cost," he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya