Viva starts service on eGov portal
Manama, February 19, 2013
Viva Bahrain, the newest telecom player in the Bahrain, has tied up with Bahrain eGovernment Authority (eGA) to launch its prepaid broadband and mobile recharge eService on its portal www.bahrain.bh.
"We firmly believe in leveraging the latest practices and partnership initiatives of the public sector. In line with this, we have launched the eService on the eGovernment portal as a step towards extending more service facilities on a wider scale," said Viva Bahrain chief executive Ulaiyan Al Wetaid during a meeting with eGovernment Authority chief executive Mohammed Al Qaed.
The Viva chief said that work was currently underway to list postpaid eService on the portal in the following months. The two officials later discussed the service and ways of upgrading it.
"Those wishing to take advantage of the eService can access 'Viva Prepaid Line Recharge' service to enter the required data in easy steps; including the type of package (mobile or broadband), the number and amount to be paid," he added.
Al Qaed said the tieup with Viva comes in line within eGA's strategic objective to reinforce the partnership between the public and private sectors.
"We are keen to increase partnerships with the private sector in order to improve collaboration among corporations to achieve better results that are in line with the new eGovernment’s national strategy 2016. This strategy emphasizes on the importance of joint co-operation between the public and private sectors,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'