Viva starts service on eGov portal
Manama, February 19, 2013
Viva Bahrain, the newest telecom player in the Bahrain, has tied up with Bahrain eGovernment Authority (eGA) to launch its prepaid broadband and mobile recharge eService on its portal www.bahrain.bh.
"We firmly believe in leveraging the latest practices and partnership initiatives of the public sector. In line with this, we have launched the eService on the eGovernment portal as a step towards extending more service facilities on a wider scale," said Viva Bahrain chief executive Ulaiyan Al Wetaid during a meeting with eGovernment Authority chief executive Mohammed Al Qaed.
The Viva chief said that work was currently underway to list postpaid eService on the portal in the following months. The two officials later discussed the service and ways of upgrading it.
"Those wishing to take advantage of the eService can access 'Viva Prepaid Line Recharge' service to enter the required data in easy steps; including the type of package (mobile or broadband), the number and amount to be paid," he added.
Al Qaed said the tieup with Viva comes in line within eGA's strategic objective to reinforce the partnership between the public and private sectors.
"We are keen to increase partnerships with the private sector in order to improve collaboration among corporations to achieve better results that are in line with the new eGovernment’s national strategy 2016. This strategy emphasizes on the importance of joint co-operation between the public and private sectors,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum