Batelco to host first tech exhibition
Manama, February 18, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading communications solutions provider, will host its first technology exhibition, Batelco Tech Show, to give visitors from the youth segment an insight into the latest technologies from a variety of vendors, exclusive benefits and discounts.
The two day event, organised by the Batelco youth marketing team, will be held at the Bahrain Exhibition Centre, Conference Suite, on February 22 and 23, and will be open to the public for free, a statement from the company said.
A number of vendors will be present to showcase and sell their latest devices with special offer deals available exclusively to visitors during the two days. In addition, the exhibition will also feature individuals and small technology accessories’ businesses that will display their unique items. Furthermore, Batelco will also be providing special packages and great offers designed exclusively for the exhibition.
Students from different universities are also being given the opportunity to participate at Batelco Tech Show by presenting their pre-graduate tech-related projects and interacting with the visitors, the statement said.
Besides the comprehensive range of products and special offers, the show will also include an educational zone managed by Batelco which will provide visitors with the opportunity to explore the history of telecommunications through a display of historical photos and artefacts.
Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, media relations, Batelco Group, said: “Batelco regularly participates in a number of local and regional events as part of its commitment to support youth, education and technology.”
“While we often participate and support events organised by other entities, this is the first time we have hosted our own technology exhibition,” he said. “Today, Batelco is more than just a telecoms company as in addition to a wide range of the latest communications products and services we also provide ICT products and related services and solutions in order to remain competitive and to meet our customers’ needs. Accordingly, organising such an event as Batelco Tech Show fits well with our strategies.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services