Ericsson in key Bahrain co-op talks
Manama, February 14, 2013
A high level delegation from Ericsson led by its chief executive Hans Vestberg is in Bahrain to discuss key business proposals and also promote its 'Millennium Villages' concept in the kingdom.
Bahrain Minister for Communications Sheikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa welcomed the delegation and reviewed the latest IT, mobile and broadband technologies at the meeting.
Discussions with Sheikh Fawaz also focused on sustainable development, green initiatives, CO2 emissions, and integrating technology in healthcare and education.
The visiting team emphasized the importance of technology and how it can play a very significant role in enhancing citizen's lives, developing the economy and providing solutions to social, economic and business concerns.
They also voiced support for Bahrain's initiative to develop and upgrade its current ICT infrastructure, foster a fair and transparent environment for the telecom industry, and nurture healthy and balanced competition between the local telecom providers.
The Minister was updated on Ericsson's products and initiatives, including Millennium Villages around the world in cooperation with the United Nations, and expressed their desire to bring this concept to Bahrain.
The Ericsson team later invited Sheikh Fawaz to attend the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013, to be held in Barcelona from February 25 to 28.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- UAE firms ‘lacking in cloud integration’
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders
- Intel CEO shakes up units; new group set up
- Batelco CEO leaves; former boss steps in
- Etisalat Nigeria signs $1.2bn refinancing loan
- Most firms ‘not curbing external software’
- Plextor launches high-performance SSD
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals