Ericsson in key Bahrain co-op talks
Manama, February 14, 2013
A high level delegation from Ericsson led by its chief executive Hans Vestberg is in Bahrain to discuss key business proposals and also promote its 'Millennium Villages' concept in the kingdom.
Bahrain Minister for Communications Sheikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa welcomed the delegation and reviewed the latest IT, mobile and broadband technologies at the meeting.
Discussions with Sheikh Fawaz also focused on sustainable development, green initiatives, CO2 emissions, and integrating technology in healthcare and education.
The visiting team emphasized the importance of technology and how it can play a very significant role in enhancing citizen's lives, developing the economy and providing solutions to social, economic and business concerns.
They also voiced support for Bahrain's initiative to develop and upgrade its current ICT infrastructure, foster a fair and transparent environment for the telecom industry, and nurture healthy and balanced competition between the local telecom providers.
The Minister was updated on Ericsson's products and initiatives, including Millennium Villages around the world in cooperation with the United Nations, and expressed their desire to bring this concept to Bahrain.
The Ericsson team later invited Sheikh Fawaz to attend the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013, to be held in Barcelona from February 25 to 28.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services