Bahrain telecom firms pledge co-operation
Manama, February 13, 2013
Bahrain's four major telecom operators have pledged to come to each other's assistance in the event of any disruption in service, said a report.
The key decision was taken at a meeting of Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA) with representatives from Batelco, Viva, Zain and Menatelecom held in the presence of Minister of State for Telecommunications Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa.
The meeting had been called to discuss safety and security in Bahrain's telecommunications industry, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
The co-operation between providers in the event of any disruption to service was discussed at the meeting with those in attendance agreeing to work together in helping one another recover from any major adverse event in an effort to serve consumers, said the report citing a ministry statement.
The statement said handling of such disruptions by the TRA was also discussed.
The TRA representative assured those present it would speed up the process required to reroute communications traffic in the event of disruption.
"With increase in cyber-attacks on governments, industry and individuals, it is our duty to ensure that Bahrain is not only prepared in terms of telecommunications security, but also resilient in dealing with any disturbances," said Shaikh Fawaz.
"By meeting representatives from the industry, we have taken critical steps to foster a safe and co-operative telecoms environment," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum