Samsung opens IT Lab in Jordan varsity
Amman, February 11, 2013
Samsung Electronics Levant, a global leader in digital media and convergence technologies, recently celebrated the opening of the Samsung IT Lab in collaboration with the University of Jordan.
The opening ceremony was attended by officials from the University of Jordan, Prof Ikhlaif Al Tarawneh, UJ president, Prof Hala Khyami the vice president for scientific research graduate studies and quality; Prof Mohammed Qatawneh the dean of King Abdullah II School for Information Technology; and Bumsuk Hong, president of Samsung Electronics Levant and representatives from Samsung Electronics.
The inauguration of Samsung IT Lab stems from Samsung’s belief in local talents and to promote and train Jordanian students on Samsung Technologies and innovations, reaffirming the company’s commitment toward the local community, where Jordan is one of the leading countries to embrace and launch various pioneering startups in the field of telecommunications and technology.
“We are proud of this achievement and of our cooperation with the University of Jordan, and we believe in the importance of integrating digital technology within the educational system, Samsung’s advanced devices and technologies will enable the students to benefit from the available tools to enhance their mobile development skills,” said Bumsuk Hong, president of Samsung Electronics Levant.
“With the presence of proper devices hardware, the students will be able to practice and test results and experience real-life scenarios. And we look forward to expanding our cooperation to include other universities in Jordan in the near future,” he added.
The Samsung IT Lab was rebuild and redesigned to match its new purposes, where it is fully prepared with the latest technological innovations offered by Samsung Electronics in the field of digital technologies, information technology and smartphones.
The lab is equipped with 41 laptops, Samsung’s latest Smart TV, printers and various models of smartphones, and tablets, including the company’s flagship devices Galaxy SIII and Note II in addition to Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet that offers endless possibilities to elevate the creative and productive sense to the user and help expedite the learning process. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite