Etisalat BB10 launch receives record sales
Dubai, February 11, 2013
Leading telecommunications company Etisalat has announced that its launch of BlackBerry’s flagship Z10 smartphone witnessed record sales and customer turnout at its business centers yesterday.
Etisalat was the first operator in the UAE to offer the new device, which was available for pre-orders on www.etisalat.ae/blackberry to pre-paid as well as postpaid customers in BlackBerry Complete, BlackBerry Unlimited and BlackBerry Global packages.
The new device features a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience via the BlackBerry 10 operating system that will offer customers a faster and smarter experience, continuously adapting to their needs and requirements, a statement from the company said.
Every feature and detail has been designed to enhance customers’ mobility and the smartphone’s versatility.
Khaled Elkhouly, chief marketing officer, Etisalat, said: “The response to the launch of BlackBerry’s new smartphone has been very encouraging – surpassing all previous records. Business and personal users have shown a strong interest in both the new platform and the device, which offers a perfect balance between work and personal life. The tools available on the device are revolutionary and have unquestionably set a new benchmark in the evolution of the smartphone.”
Etisalat is running a BlackBerry Unlimited package special offer on the Z10 offering a discount of 50 per cent on rental for the first four months of purchase.
In addition, the BlackBerry Unlimited package, that was originally priced at Dh185 per month is now priced at Dh93, offering faster internet speeds and access to up to 10 email accounts in addition to social networking apps, and regular features such as BlackBerry App World downloads.
The other packages will be available at Dh79 for BlackBerry Complete customers and Dh299 for users on the BlackBerry Global package.
The device was available across eight business centers in the UAE. In the Abu Dhabi region, the Main Business Center and the Al Ain Business Center, as well as the Deira, Al Manakhand Al Nouf Business Center in Sharjah were open for the sale.
In the Northern Emirates, the Musharif Business Center in Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah Business Centers were also open for the launch. The BlackBerry Z10 was also available for purchase at terminals 1, 2 and 3 at the Dubai Airport, the Al Samha petrol station in Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah Airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre