Toshiba develops high-speed flash memory
Tokyo, February 5, 2013
Toshiba has developed a new flash memory for much faster access for embedded microcontrollers, based on the company’s original Nano Flash.
As the use ARM core-based microcontrollers increases, there is an emerging need for greater speed and large memory capacities and the new Nano Flash -100 is highly suited to this market, the company explained in a statement.
The newly developed Nano Flash-100 achieves a zero-wait cycle during random access at 100MHz operation, the industry's top class. This allows the core in ARM-based microcontrollers to fully utilize the superior performance and code density of applications requiring high speed and large capacity memory.
Using the ultra low power technology of Nano Flash microcontrollers, a wide range of high speed, low power applications developments are available.
Toshiba will follow up on its first Nano Flash-100 product, TMPM440F10XBG, with additional ARM core-based products and will continue the proactive development of flash memory technologies for embedded microcontrollers, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Toshiba |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year
- Virgin among bidders for Saudi telecom licence