Batelco hosts training award ceremony
Manama, January 31, 2013
Batelco Training Centre recently celebrated its successful learning and development programmes for 2012 with an award ceremony held at its Hamala headquarters.
During the annual event a number of presentations to staff took place including the recognition of management who supported the training centre’s initiatives during the past year, a statement from the company said.
Batelco’s Sales Academy graduates who demonstrated an exceptional level of performance during a two-year programme, were among those to be recognised at the event as well as staff members who obtained professional qualifications such as MBAs and Cisco certifications.
Newly established graduate trainees were also recognised and all employees who completed a minimum of three e-learning courses during 2012 were presented with awards, the statement said.
Additionally, it also acknowledged the efforts of staff who volunteered their time to support inJAz, the well-known local programme established to provide young people with a business and economic education to give them an advantage while seeking employment.
Furthermore, the names of employees’ children who have been successful in winning Batelco third level scholarships were also announced.
The majority of the successful candidates were present at the celebratory event to receive their awards from Batelco Bahrain CEO Rashid Abdulla and Batelco Bahrain HR general manager Suhaila Alnowakhda.
The group’s chief executive Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa, general manager HR Shaikh Ahmed Al Khalifa and a number of Batelco’s management were also present on the occasion, it said.
“This could not have been achieved without the dedication of our employees and the commitment of our management. In 2013 we will continue this learning journey and will introduce a number of new programmes that aim at enhancing work related skills and techniques,” said Suhaila Alnowakhda, HR general manager, Batelco.
“We are very proud to announce that 2012 has been an exceptional year for training and development as we delivered 60,000 hours of training and trained 1100 of our employees, which is the highest in recent years,” Shaikh Bader Al Khalifa, manager HR training & development programmes, Batelco said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution