Ericsson appoints new GCC head
Dubai, January 28, 2013
Leading telecommunications equipment company Ericsson has announced the appointment of Victoria Strand as head of the GCC and Pakistan unit, part of the Ericsson Middle East region.
In her new role, Strand will be responsible for handling the company’s customer relations, further developing the skill level of employees and focusing on business growth, a statement from the company said.
Based in Ericsson’s Dubai office, she will oversee the company’s operations in the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Yemen and Pakistan.
“Victoria has been an integral part of the Ericsson organisation for over 20 years,” said Anders Lindblad, president of Ericsson Middle East Region. “We’re very happy to have Victoria on board in the region and we are confident that she will utilise her unique experience and expertise to continue to expand our presence in the region, and ensure that our customers’ demands for the latest communication technology are met.”
Strand began her career at Ericsson in 1989 in Sweden as an area sales manager for the Soviet Union.
Since then she has held several positions within the company in areas such as project management, product management, technical sales support, HR and communications. Strand’s time at Ericsson has also allowed her to work in several global roles across the whole world, including being based in Netherlands in the mid 1990s.
“I am very excited to begin contributing to the business here in the GCC and Pakistan,” said Strand. “I hope to tap into my industry experience to support the Ericsson Middle East unit in achieving its business and growth goals moving forward.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite