Saudi Mobily achieves 4G milestone
Riyadh, January 27, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, said its data arm, Bayanat Al Oula, has covered more than 4,500 sites with the advanced 4G network in accordance with its expansion strategy.
Unveiling the plans, Mobily CEO, Khalid Al kaf said, "The competitiveness in the telecommunication sector makes Mobily rapid in providing these advanced networks to all populated areas. Hence, the completion of several stages of the project was accomplished ahead of time."
Al Kaf pointed out that 4G was the future leading service and Mobily was committed to achieve its vision and GED strategy that aims to enrich customers’ lives with advanced technology.
According to him, Mobily's daily data transmission through wireless broadband was 750 Terabytes by the end of 2012.
"This confirms the high turnout on the use of Mobily network in addition to its ability to pass such a large amount of data without any problem in the network," he noted.
Mobily, he stated, has recorded a remarkable achievement in telecommunications and information technology by launching international LTE-4G data roaming as the first company in the Middle East and Africa.
Therefore, Mobily customers are now able to use high-speed LTE technology while travelling outside the Kingdom, said Al Kaf.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network