Saudi Mobily achieves 4G milestone
Riyadh, January 27, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, said its data arm, Bayanat Al Oula, has covered more than 4,500 sites with the advanced 4G network in accordance with its expansion strategy.
Unveiling the plans, Mobily CEO, Khalid Al kaf said, "The competitiveness in the telecommunication sector makes Mobily rapid in providing these advanced networks to all populated areas. Hence, the completion of several stages of the project was accomplished ahead of time."
Al Kaf pointed out that 4G was the future leading service and Mobily was committed to achieve its vision and GED strategy that aims to enrich customers’ lives with advanced technology.
According to him, Mobily's daily data transmission through wireless broadband was 750 Terabytes by the end of 2012.
"This confirms the high turnout on the use of Mobily network in addition to its ability to pass such a large amount of data without any problem in the network," he noted.
Mobily, he stated, has recorded a remarkable achievement in telecommunications and information technology by launching international LTE-4G data roaming as the first company in the Middle East and Africa.
Therefore, Mobily customers are now able to use high-speed LTE technology while travelling outside the Kingdom, said Al Kaf.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet