Qtel to issue benchmark bond
Doha, January 23, 2013
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) plans to issue a 15-year bond of at least $500 million on Wednesday, arranging banks said.
Early price guidance for the bond maturing 2028 was released at 250 basis points over 10-year US Treasuries.
RBS, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup and QNB Capital are joint lead arrangers and bookrunners for the deal.
The bond issue will be 144a-compliant, meaning it will be open to institutional investors in the US.
Qtel last tapped debt markets in December with a $1 billion 10-year bond in a substantially oversubscribed sale. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network