Qtel to issue benchmark bond
Doha, January 23, 2013
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) plans to issue a 15-year bond of at least $500 million on Wednesday, arranging banks said.
Early price guidance for the bond maturing 2028 was released at 250 basis points over 10-year US Treasuries.
RBS, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup and QNB Capital are joint lead arrangers and bookrunners for the deal.
The bond issue will be 144a-compliant, meaning it will be open to institutional investors in the US.
Qtel last tapped debt markets in December with a $1 billion 10-year bond in a substantially oversubscribed sale. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet