Huawei seals Menatelecom 4G deal
Manama, January 21, 2013
Menatelecom, an investment subsidiary of Kuwait Finance House (Bahrain), has signed an official contract with Huawei Technologies to deploy its latest 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless network in the country.
A leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, Huawei has deployed many of the region’s first LTE networks over the past years and has also launched a total of 64 commercial LTE networks globally.
As part of the deal, Huawei will supply full end-to-end solutions based on TDD LTE technology. The contract also covers transmission, core network and CPE mobile broadband terminal, as well as complete Managed Services for network operation and maintenance.
Menatelecom said its customers in Bahrain will have access to one of the most advanced broadband technologies in the world, enabling them to experience broadband speeds in excess of 100Mb in addition to advanced voice services across the Kingdom.
Top Menatelecom officials including chairman Razak Jawahery and vice chairman Paul Mercer Guan Jun attended the signing ceremony along with Huawei VP (Middle East) Guan Jun and country manager Liu Xiang.
“We feel a great sense of pride when it comes to Menatelecom’s achievements, we are the leader in acquiring the latest telecommunication technologies and we will be the first country in the world to launch a nationwide 4G LTE service which is in line with Bahrain’s aspiration of being a leader in the telecommunication technology arena,” remarked Jawahery.
Guan Jun said Menatelecom’s 4G LTE project was a major milestone in the Kingdom’s investment in telecommunication technology.
"Our collaboration with Menatelecom is a strategic investment that we believe can bring lasting value to both consumers and enterprises across Bahrain. Huawei has a thorough understanding of Menatelecom’s current needs and its vision for the future, we are looking forward to working together closely in opening up new opportunities within Bahrain’s telecom market.”
Menatelecom’s LTE service will allow residential customers to choose various 4G LTE devices to connect their smart phones, tablets and laptops. While enterprise customers can boost their efficiency and productivity by providing super fast connectivity solutions and advanced business services with unlimited downloads, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre