Qtel unveils 2013 growth strategy
Doha, January 16, 2013
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) will be boosting its mobile network coverage and performance in the country throughout 2013 starting with the commercial launch of 4G network as part of its long-term growth strategy.
Qtel, which provides a full range of telecommunications services in Qatar and across its presence in 17 countries, said it consistently benchmarks key factors such as call set-up, quality and coverage against some of the world’s best operators, in order to deliver the highest level of service.
The Qatari firm has identified some clear performance areas for the coming year, said a statement from the company.
With hundreds of Qtel network sites from Doha to Dukhan and from Al Shamal to the Inland Sea, the customers are connected across the country, it stated.
The Qatari telecom firm is in the process of establishing dozens of new sites across the country, to further enhance call quality and network support.
It is also investing in new technologies to improve indoor and outdoor coverage, including a DC-HSPA deployment to enhance 3G network capacity and an in-building solution to improve coverage in high-rise buildings in Qatar.
In addition, 2013 will be the year that Qtel customers will be able to enjoy the ultrafast 4G mobile broadband network, with speeds that are three-to-six times as fast as the current 3G network, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit