Qtel unveils 2013 growth strategy
Doha, January 16, 2013
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) will be boosting its mobile network coverage and performance in the country throughout 2013 starting with the commercial launch of 4G network as part of its long-term growth strategy.
Qtel, which provides a full range of telecommunications services in Qatar and across its presence in 17 countries, said it consistently benchmarks key factors such as call set-up, quality and coverage against some of the world’s best operators, in order to deliver the highest level of service.
The Qatari firm has identified some clear performance areas for the coming year, said a statement from the company.
With hundreds of Qtel network sites from Doha to Dukhan and from Al Shamal to the Inland Sea, the customers are connected across the country, it stated.
The Qatari telecom firm is in the process of establishing dozens of new sites across the country, to further enhance call quality and network support.
It is also investing in new technologies to improve indoor and outdoor coverage, including a DC-HSPA deployment to enhance 3G network capacity and an in-building solution to improve coverage in high-rise buildings in Qatar.
In addition, 2013 will be the year that Qtel customers will be able to enjoy the ultrafast 4G mobile broadband network, with speeds that are three-to-six times as fast as the current 3G network, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi