Mode Bahrain offers mobile wallet solutions
, January 14, 2013
Mode Bahrain "Money On Demand" has developed its own Mobile Wallet and Mobile Banking solutions and services to allow bank customers to have access to various financial services through their Smartphones and regular phones.
This is the first service of its kind in the kingdom and the Middle East, the company said.
Ebrahim Janahi, CEO of Mode Bahrain, said: "We look forward to facilitate the transfer of funds and payments to our financial institutions customers through modern and advanced technologies. As in Mode, we always seek to provide new and unique solutions.
“We also provide banking solutions to banks within and outside Bahrain, and the convenience of transactions, which are between the bank and the customer.”
One of the advantages of the services provided by "Mode" solutions, is the quick and easy money transfers from a mobile wallet to any bank account through money changers spread in 32 countries via the "Remittance Hub", which is developed, managed and owned by Mode, and transfer of funds from wallet to other wallet locally and internationally.
For example, it can transfer to the Philippines by "Smart Money" from Smart Telecom, “G-Cash" by Globe Telecom, to Pakistan by Telenor Telecom and to the Himalayan Bank, Nepal using cash-on-ID.
Customers can deposit and withdraw money from any branch of Nonoo Exchange or through a sales staff at Mode, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain’s mobile firms asked to improve service
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages