Etisalat extends business centre working hours
Dubai, January 14, 2013
Leading Dubai-based telecom operator, Etisalat, has extended working hours across its business centers in the UAE to help customers meet the January 16 deadline for registering their mobile SIM cards under the ‘My Number, My Identity’ campaign.
Etisalat’s business centers, kiosks and service centers in Dubai and Abu Dhabi will remain open until midnight from January 14 to 16. In the other emirates, working hours have been extended either until 8pm, 10pm or 12am, a statement from the company said.
Mandated by the UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority in July 2012, registration of SIM cards will protect subscribers from misuse or confidentiality infringement. A wide range of services that enhance the overall mobile experience is also being offered by Etisalat to registered SIM cards.
The registration policy requires mobile subscribers to produce valid and original identification documents at any Etisalat kiosk across the country along with a copy of the ID proof, the statement said.
Documents include Emirates ID or passport for UAE nationals, passport or GCC National ID for GCC nationals, and the Emirates ID or passport along with valid residence visa for all other nationalities.
Business and government customers are required to present a valid establishment card issued by the UAE Ministry of Interior, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year
- Virgin among bidders for Saudi telecom licence