Saudi Mobily plans $2bn capital boost
Riyadh, January 13, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, said it has approved a board recommendation for raising the capital by 10 per cent from SR7 billion to SR7.7 billion ($1.86 billion to $2.05 billion) through a bonus share issue.
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, said it has approved a board recommendation for a 10 per cent increase in capital through a bonus share issue.
The firm said in a statement posted on the bourse's website that a general assembly meeting approved a recommendation of the board to increase the company's capital to SR7.7 billion ($2.05 billion) from SR7 billion through a bonus share for every 10 owned by registered shareholders.
"The total number of shares will increase by 70,000,000 from 700,000,000 to 770,000,000. The aim of a bonus share issue is to enhance shareholder returns," it said.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet