Saudi Mobily in big 4G network expansion
Riyadh, January 12, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, said it has recently finalized expanding its network infrastructure with the latest and most advanced technologies worldwide.
Unveiling its regional expansion strategy, Mobily said the company has completed work on beyond 6500 sites so far.
"We are working continuously to develop the infrastructure including mobile communication networks through the development of the sites or adding new ones. Mobily thrives to increase the efficiency of its network, as it is one of the (GED) strategy pillars," remarked its acting chief operations officer Nasser AlNasser.
Al Nasser said the largest share targeted the 4G network to cover 2,000 new sites. "In addition, 1,300 3G sites were set up to cover more than 660 locations with update. Also 740 2G sites were added to the updated ones taking the total to 1,850, he added.
According to him, Mobily’s highly developed networks will enhance performance efficiency. "Hence, this will impact the offered services including data service, which became a massive demand with the spread of smart phones among different segments of society," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1