Batelco warns customers of hoax calls
Manama, December 31, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has issued a warning to its customers to be on the alert regarding a spate of fraudulent calls which are being generated from international numbers beginning with +96.
A number of customers have contacted Batelco Customer Care Centre to report the receipt of several missed calls from unrecognised international numbers including calls in the middle of the night.
“A number of Batelco’s customers have received missed calls from +96 international numbers and are seeking our advice on how to deal with this matter,” said Batelco’s group general manager of media relations, Ahmed Al Janahi.
“We strongly advise our customers not to return the calls as unless they recognise the number calling, it is more than likely that these are fraudulent calls,” he said.
Batelco issued several warnings in the last couple of years alerting its customers to be on the alert for hoax calls coming from Bahrain numbers. The latest spate of annoying calls are coming from international numbers.
“Batelco cannot block numbers or ranges of numbers from international locations. Scam calls are a global problem with reported incidents coming from all over the world and Bahrain is no exception,” concluded Al Janahi. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president