Nawras CEO honoured at Dubai telecom meet
Dubai, December 30, 2012
The chief executive officer of Nawras, a leading telecom service provider in Oman, was presented with the Leaders Merit Award for Great Achievement and Leadership at a recent telecom summit in Dubai.
The summit, entitled ‘It’s all about Networking’ at the first ever Telecom Review Summit was opened by Nicholas Sehnaoui, Minister of Telecommunications in Lebanon, who outlined the far reaching impact that speedy development in the telecoms sector has had on other industries in addition to the economy in the region.
The summit brought together key decision makers from around the region and speaking at the event.
“I am thrilled to receive this award, it recognises the continued progress that Nawras has made and the state of the art products we continue to introduce as well as signifying that we are moving in the right direction,” said Ross Cormack, Nawras CEO.
“The summit provides a valuable opportunity to meet with other Chief Executives and discuss the latest market trends, which we can then use to provide our customers with more exciting new services.”
Cormack was joined by CEOs from around the region to take part in a panel discussion about the hottest industry trends.
Alongside to the CEO panel discussion, Nawras chief technology officer, Wolfgang Wemhoff, joined other leading CTOs from around the region in a panel discussion as they shared their expertise in how to overcome the main challenges when introducing new technologies to the market, especially discussing about data services. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit