Du offers special data plans on Nokia phones
Dubai, December 27, 2012
Du, a top telecom service provider in the UAE, is offering customers the new Windows 8 Phones Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820 with up to 24 GB free in a year.
Du is the official operator partner for the Lumia range of Windows 8 smartphones in the UAE.
In addition, all new and existing customers of Du’s Elite, Emirati and Pay as you Go plans will receive up to 1GB free data on a monthly minimum bill of Dh250 ($68). New Elite and Emirati Plan customers will also get an additional 4GB data per month for the first 3 months from the time of activation.
“We strive to continuously expand and enhance our portfolio of bundled data offers and smartphones. Combined with our data offers, the Lumia Windows 8 range offers a compelling proposition for avid smartphone enthusiasts on the move,” said Farid Faraidooni, chief commercial officer, Du.
“Nokia is proud to have Du as our official operator partner for the Lumia Windows Phone 8 in the UAE. We have been working closely together to ensure that our customers get the best possible smartphone experience and value from this strong partnership,” said Vithesh Reddy, general manager, Nokia Lower Gulf.
“The Nokia Lumia smartphones have an unprecedented range of features and applications that will revolutionize the industry, and online connectivity plays a big part in that.
“The ability to use social networks with speed and ease is one of the key differentiators of the Lumia range, so providing up to 24 GB in a year for our customers is in line with our commitment to providing added value with the purchase of our products,” he added.
The flagship Nokia Lumia 920 uses is able to take in five times more light than competing smartphones without using flash, making it possible to capture clear, bright pictures and video indoors and at night.
Using advanced floating lens technology, the camera in the Nokia Lumia 920 is a smartphone designed with revolutionary mobile imaging capabilities utilising the Nokia PureView imaging innovation.
The Nokia Lumia 820 is a stylish, mid-range smartphone that delivers high-end performance in a compact package. While the Nokia Lumia 820 has the same uni-body look and feel as the high-end Lumia smartphones, it comes with an exchangeable shell design. Exchangeable shells not only make it possible to select from a range of colors, but also to add wireless charging. Beneath the shell is room to insert a micro SD memory card.
Windows Phone 8 provides a more personal smartphone experience, with a start screen that can be more easily rearranged to reflect individual priorities and new animated Live Tiles for real-time updates on the things that matter most. The ability to sync content between Windows Phone 8 smartphones.
The Nokia Lumia 920 comes in yellow, red, white and black, while the Nokia Lumia 820 is offered in red, white and black. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit