Menatelecom to deploy Huawei 4G network
Manama, December 25, 2012
Menatelecom, a leading provider of broadband services in Bahrain, has signed an MoU with leading ICT solutions provider Huawei to deploy its latest 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless network in the Kingdom.
An investment subsidiary of Kuwait Finance House (Bahrain), Menatelecom said the 4G LTE will enable the company to provide both consumers and enterprises the fastest mobile broadband speeds of up to 100Mb and faster response time for downloading and uploading content in addition to advanced voice services across Bahrain.
The signing ceremony was attended by Abdul Razak Jawahery, the chairman of Menatelecom, Rashid Alkhan, Menatelecom board member and Ahmed Saeed, KFH-Bahrain executive manager, in addition to senior executives from Menatelecom along with a team of Huawei representatives led by Liu Xiang, Huawei Bahrain country manager.
Huawei has already deployed many of the region’s first LTE networks over the past year and has launched a total of 56 commercial LTE networks globally.
Commenting on the milestone, Jawahery said, "Since the launch of our 1st nationwide WiMAX network, Menatelecom has had the unique opportunity of significantly contributing towards the development of the Kingdom’s technological advances and has made a significant mark on a global scale while at the same time creating a prosperous telecom business."
"With Huawei’s extensive expertise in the telecommunications field, we are confident that the deployment of the 4G LTE network will make even greater strides and continue to provide our valued customers with the most advanced technologies in the telecommunication arena," he noted.
Liu Xiang, Huawei-Bahrain country manager, said, “Our collaboration with Menatelecom by deploying the latest 4G LTE network infrastructure is a strategic investment that we believe can bring lasting value to both consumers and enterprises across Bahrain. With a thorough understanding of Menatelecom’s current needs and vision for the future, we are looking forward to working together closely in opening up new opportunities within Bahrain’s telecom market.”
Bahrain has always been a leader in the telecommunications field since the infrastructure was first developed. Menatelecom’s investment in 4G LTE is in line with the National Telecommunications Plan issued by the Government requiring operators to efficiently provide LTE based services in the Kingdom, said Jawahery.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution