Batelco to stop email broadcast service
Manama, December 24, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has announced that its email broadcast service will cease as of December 31, due to the availability of new and enhanced media alternatives.
With the growing popularity of social media services, organisations are opting to contact their customer base via such methods as Twitter, Facebook and SMS messaging services, to reach them directly and without any delay, a statement from the company said.
Batelco is committed to the ongoing enhancement of its product portfolio to offer customers the best products and services enabling them to excel in their businesses.
Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, media relations, Batelco Group, said: “The communications industry is without doubt the most dynamic of any industry due to the rapid changes in technology and customers’ requirements.”
“Batelco works continuously to keep pace with international standards in order to deliver in-demand products and services needed by its business customers to remain competitive,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- UAE’s ICT sector to grow 22.3pc in 2013
- Etisalat offers higher price for Maroc stake
- Orascom set to be delisted from exchanges
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai