Batelco to stop email broadcast service
Manama, December 24, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has announced that its email broadcast service will cease as of December 31, due to the availability of new and enhanced media alternatives.
With the growing popularity of social media services, organisations are opting to contact their customer base via such methods as Twitter, Facebook and SMS messaging services, to reach them directly and without any delay, a statement from the company said.
Batelco is committed to the ongoing enhancement of its product portfolio to offer customers the best products and services enabling them to excel in their businesses.
Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, media relations, Batelco Group, said: “The communications industry is without doubt the most dynamic of any industry due to the rapid changes in technology and customers’ requirements.”
“Batelco works continuously to keep pace with international standards in order to deliver in-demand products and services needed by its business customers to remain competitive,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon