SAP opens new Oman office
Muscat, December 17, 2012
SAP, a global leader in business software, has opened a new office in Oman as part of the company’s Mena expansion plans.
“Oman is an exciting market for SAP,” said Gergi Abboud, country manager for SAP Gulf.
“This office opening signifies a new level of investment in the country as we seek to expand our ability to help businesses and organizations run better through IT innovation in areas such as analytics, mobility, cloud and in-memory computing.”
The Mena region is at the heart of SAP’s long-term global growth strategy, which includes doubling its addressable market, reaching one billion people and generating global revenue of 20 billion euros ($26.32 billion) by 2015.
SAP is currently in the midst of executing a four-year additional spend plan across Mena.
Highlights include recruiting more than 500 additional employees, tripling the company’s existing consulting capabilities, opening several new offices and expanding the partner ecosystem and the SAP University Alliances program. Additionally, significant increases will be made in the availability of comprehensive, innovative and localized service offerings.
The plans also encompass the region’s IT-specific Training and Development Center, which recently opened at Dubai Silicon City, and will certify more than 2,000 new consultants within the next four years, as well as further accelerate and extend the localization and Arabization of SAP solutions.
The first mover initiative is also structured to benefit the entire Mena region through co-creating and innovating solutions with partners, customers and independent software vendors in fields such as mobility, HANA, cloud, urban management, smart city functionalities, and Islamic banking. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas