Dell SonicWall re-launches demo site
California, December 13, 2012
Leading provider of intelligent network security and data protection solutions, Dell SonicWall, has announced that it has re-launched its live demo site.
The site lets VARs, MSPs and potential customers test every Dell SonicWall solution 24/7/365, a statement from Dell said. The portal now features compatibility with iOS- and Android-based devices, increased global accessibility and the ability to handle 10 times the traffic of the previous version. The new features reflect customer requests and better manage increased traffic to the site.
Dell SonicWall’s interactive live demo site serves as a useful resource for showcasing Dell SonicWall products in real-time to a variety of external and internal audiences. The entire product catalog is available and users can experience each product as it processes and analyzes actual network traffic, the statement said.
Resellers can demonstrate Dell SonicWall’s entire product portfolio and all vital features of each product. Customers can visit the site to gain practical experience with various appliance set-ups as well as test or troubleshoot different products and configurations.
As business becomes more complex and IT departments tackle new security threats and trends such as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) with the same limited budget, IT professionals demand rigorous hands-on access to security products prior to purchase.
Designed to allow customers to test each feature and click on every button, the Dell SonicWall live demo platform provides an online demonstration solution for each of its security appliances and software solutions.
Traffic to the portal from resellers, distributors and customers in 85 countries and territories now reaches nearly 100,000 users per year. This strong demand emphasizes the need for information by end-users who seek to experience viewing features and functionality before investing in IT deployments, it said.
In addition to being able to view a demonstration of products, users can see how appliances cope with traffic spikes and adapt to an administrator’s granular settings. Site users can also identify how ongoing maintenance would be managed before making a purchase.
The demo site allows testers to observe real-time application traffic, trace it back to individual users, create custom reports on user activities and construct policies to optimise applications vital to their network.
Matt Medeiros, vice president and general manager, security software of Dell SonicWall: “Our live demo site is one of the best tools we offer potential customers. The portal illustrates the granular capabilities of our products. It allows our customers to test usability and the features of our market-leading solutions to ensure our technology is the best possible match for their business requirements.”
“Our ability to give IT professionals hands-on access to real products handling actual web traffic allows potential customers to test-drive our entire line of award-winning products and to see for themselves the performance and security they get from Dell SonicWall.”
Hillel Sackstein, president and CEO of Virtual Graffiti, said: “The live demo center is a valuable sales tool that lets us show potential customers the features and capabilities of Dell SonicWall’s solutions in real time, using real situations. We’re able to customise every demo based on input and questions from the customer, displaying results that match their actual network security requirements.”
Mike Weaver, systems engineer, Dell SonicWall, said: “New customers are sometimes hesitant to tackle a new interface. This tool allows prospective customers to view our products and their interface to see just how easy it is to use Dell SonicWall products.”
“It also serves as a proof point for those times we get technical questions. The website allows us to show step-by-step how we accomplish what potential customers or resellers are asking and how to configure the requested features.”
“The site is the best tool that Dell SonicWall has ever created for introducing new customers to our products, illustrate a variety of configurations and show the tremendous capabilities of our product lines,” Weaver concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite