Etisalat launches Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE
Abu Dhabi, December 11, 2012
Leading telecommunications company in the UAE, Etisalat, has announced the availability of Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE on the country’s widest, high-speed Etisalat 4G LTE network.
Etisalat’s customers can enjoy 4G LTE super speeds of up to 100Mbps on this new Samsung smartphone that is priced at Dh2,499 ($682). Offering Dh2,400 of the device value back as free talk time, data and SMS over 12 months, Etisalat gives customers attractive options of contract-free pre-paid and post-paid bundled packages, starting December 12.
Pre-paid customers will receive 1GB data free for the first month and Dh99 monthly rental from second month onwards, a statement from the company said. Post-paid customers can get a bundle of 4GB data, 800 local minutes or 200 international minutes of voice calls and 200 SMS (worth Dh449) for Dh249 per month.
Over a period of twelve months, customers get the device value of Dh2,400 back as talk time, data and SMS included in the bundle. Customers can also enjoy the flexibility to switch their preference between receiving free local or international talk time, bundled with their plan, the statement said.
The new Samsung smartphone will have speeds of up to 100 Mbps which will allow customers to enjoy high speed apps such as video-streaming, online gaming and many other facilities on the nation’s first and widest 4G LTE network.
Etisalat’s 4G LTE network has the capability to support speeds of up to 150Mbps and recently conducted the world’s first 300Mbps speed test on its LTE network.
Khaled ElKhouly, chief marketing officer at Etisalat, said: “Etisalat was the first in the region to launch its widest 4G LTE network across the UAE in September 2011. While our customers have thoroughly enjoyed LTE super speeds through data devices available in the market, there has been a great demand for LTE-enabled voice devices.”
“We are excited to be first in the region once again to introduce the Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE smartphone, allowing our customers to explore the unlimited possibilities of 4G LTE 100Mbps speeds, at an amazing price-back advantage of Dh2,400.”
The 4G LTE network provides coverage to 80 per cent of the UAE’s populated areas and allows full mobility and smooth transition between LTE and HSPA+. Customers outside 4G network areas will automatically connect to Etisalat’s 3G network ensuring their access to reliable and high-speed internet wherever they go.
Etisalat’s 3G network has the widest coverage in the country covering 99 per cent of the populated area and is the most reliable high-speed data network in the country.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE was created to compliment the lifestyle of the social media-savvy individual. Featured as the intelligent phone for humans, it includes various innovative smart features such as smart stay, direct call, smart alert, social tag and S voice which promises to enhance the customer user experience.
The operating system of choice here is Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, which is beautifully accompanied by Samsung’s user friendly TouchWiz interface. The phone is equipped with an 8 megapixel digital camera, a 4.8 inch screen and offers 16,384 MB of internal storage. In addition to this the S3 is also equipped with Additional Display Support, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor and scratch resistant glass surface.
Customers can subscribe to the new Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE plans and receive their devices from any of Etisalat’s business centers and outlets across the UAE. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum