Wataniya Telecom gears up for 4G launch
Kuwait, December 9, 2012
Wataniya Telecom, a leading telecom services provider in Kuwait, said it has begun the test phase of its ultrafast 4G long-term-evolution (LTE) network, which will be commercially available in the first half of 2013.
Announcing the test launch, Wataniya said customers can test the speed and capabilities of 4G at a number of locations in Kuwait and share their feedback on the speed.
These free trials are being done mainly to ensure that the enhanced and evolved 4G technology is at par with the highest international standards, said a statement from the Kuwait telecom firm.
This innovative technology is the next step in the natural evolution of mobile internet. As per the industry standards, 4G has the potential to offer speeds of more than 100 Mbps and is a huge development over the previous generations.
Besides Wataniya Telecom headquarters, the 4G network will be available for free tests at 20 locations across the country including at shopping malls.
These include two locations in the Avenues Mall, Kuwait International Airport, Marina Crescent, 360 Mall, Kuwait University –Shuwaikh, restaurants area in Bedaa, SouqSharq, The Scientific Center, The Village in Abu Alhassani, Al Kout Mall , Hilton Mangaf Hotel, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, Sulail Al-Jahra Resort, Safir Fintas Hotel, Al-Bayraq Mall, Ministerial Complex, Kuwait Magic and Kuwait Oil Company.
At these locations, customers will be provided with 4G WiFi enabled devices which they can connect to their laptops or tablets to download, play online games and watch HD videos. To share feedback on their experiences, the customers can visit Wataniya’s website, the statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite